33DC: A new technique for me

Oh dear, still a week behind on my posts. Next challenge I’m going to be so much more organised!

Anyway, a technique I’d been meaning to try for ages was water spotted nails. I probably should have used a nice bright base colour with black over the top like most of the tutorials I saw showed but I’d seen someone do a dark blue over light blue that was really pretty. By this point I had had blue nails for well over a week and was just craving a completely different colour so decided to go with pinks.

I think the colours were a bit too close and not contrasting enough to really make this technique work plus I struggled to get big water spots and either got tiny ones or the whole lot disintegrated! I don’t think it was a complete disaster and I quite like that there’s a way of using this technique in a more subtle way but next time I’ll try fluoro colours under black! It’s a technique I definitely want to return to and experiment with getting interesting patterns and bubble sizes with the alcohol spray.


I used: Grosvenor Street – Nails Inc, The Last Trial – Anny.


    1. Thanks! Yeah some definitely came out better than others. It’s a bit messy but no more than water marbling – as long as you tape around your nails the clean up isn’t that bad. It was fun and I’ll try it again soon – I found I had to experiment loads with the height and angle of the spray so I’d like to keep working on it. Good luck if you try it – I’d like to see your results!

I'd love to hear you comments! But please don't leave links to your blog - send me a message if you'd like me to check your blog out.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s